Posted by jonnystartup on 2012-01-27
At last week's 9th Founder Showcase, we celebrated the best investors of 2011 with TheFunded.com's Entrepreneur Investor Awards.
Here are the winners of the 2011 Awards;
Ben Horowitz, General Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
Andreessen Horowitz modeled their fund off of the modern talent agencies to provide a big network of value to their portfolio companies, reinventing the VC firm.
Top Rated in the Americas
George Zachary, General Partner, Charles River Ventures
CRV has pioneered the seed-stage investing model that has been copied by most VC firms worldwide, and they continue to be one of the most prolific seed stage investors.
Top Rated in Europe, Middle East and Africa
Philippe Herbert, Partner, Banexi Venture Partners
Banexi is an active early-stage investor in the French startup ecosystem, supporting incubators and other new models to grow the success of European startups.
Top Rated in Asia
Yuri Milner, Founder and CEO of Mail.ru Group
Mail.ru is renown for creating the “DST round,” where companies secure hundreds of millions at multi-billion dollar valuations, changing the entire late-stage market.
Best New Fund Manager
Dave McClure, Founding Partner at 500 Startups
500 Startups has done over 250 investments in less than two years since launching, with deals being done all over the world.
Other finalists included;
- Brad Feld (Managing Director at the Foundry Group)
- Bryan Schreier (Partner at Sequoia Capital)
- Chris Dixon (Founding Partner at the Founder Collective)
- David Skok (General Partner at Matrix Partners)
- David Sze (Partner at Greylock Partners)
- James D. Robinson IV (General Partner at RRE Ventures)
- Jeremy Liew (Managing Director at Lightspeed Venture Partners)
- John Backus (Managing Partner at New Atlantic Ventures)
- John Doerr (Partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers)
- Jon Callaghan (Founder and Managing Partner at True Ventures)
- Joshua Kopelman (Managing Partner at First Round Capital)
- Marc Andreessen (Co-Founder and General Partner of Andreessen Horowitz)
- Maria Cirino (Co-Founder and Managing Director at 406 Ventures)
- Mark Suster (General Partner at GRP Partners)
- Matthew McCall (Partner at DFJ Portage Ventures)
- Mike Maples Jr. (Managing Partner at FLOODGATE)
- Roelof Botha (Partner at Sequoia Capital)
- Ron Conway (General Partner at SV Angel)
- Shlomo Dovrat (General Partner at Carmel Ventures)
- Steven Arnold (Co-Founder and Venture Partner at Polaris Ventures)
Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to everyone who attended! PRIVATE: Members Only