Posted by The Founding Member on 2008-01-26
TheFunded.com announces the ability for entrepreneurs to post, review, and share terms issues by fundraising sources. The new "Terms" section has been launched for Members-only, available in the top navigation of the site after logging in with the following features:
(1) Members can preview Summary Terms submitted, including pre-money valuation, investment amount, and liquidation preference, on the main page.
(2) Terms can be filtered by Industry, Geography, and Series to help Members find relevant deal comparables quickly.
(3) Members can easily post Terms received after January 1, 2006, until present by filling out a form consisting mainly of drop-down menus. With a real term sheet in hand, the form takes approximately 10 minutes to complete.
(4) A Member must post terms before being able to able to view the terms posted by others in a strict "post to view" policy. The goal is to build a comprehensive database of terms, and knowing about specific terms received by others is most useful when you have your own terms in hand.
(5) No username is requested or displayed. No company name is requested. No investor name is requested. The data is completely anonymous.
We ask all Members to please take 10 minutes and anonymously post terms received over the next few days.
Countless entrepreneurs around the world can be helped by understanding the real economic market for stock in their company. The new Terms section already has a couple submissions in less than 24 hours, and we hope to see more over the next few days. Enjoy!