Posted by The Founding Member on 2008-01-22
TheFunded.com just broke 5,000 Members, another significant growth milestone in the 10 month history of the site. At the beginning of 2008, TheFunded.com analyzed 1,000 Member Applications to determine the following statistics:
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION STATISTICS:
- 60% are Founders / CEOs
- 25% are Senior Executives (President / CxO)
- 8% are Limited Partners and Advisors
- 5% are Academics / Students
- 2% are Venture Capitalists
Venture Capitalists are not allowed to be Members, yet there are still some applications received. About 1/4 of all Membership Applications are approved after a careful screening process. Over 95% of the approved applications are CEOs, and 78% of the CEOs are, in fact, funded.
CEO MEMBER STATISTICS:
- 22% are not funded or on their first company
- 34% are funded looking for a later stage round
- 32% are experienced in funded companies with multiple previous companies
- 12% are recognizable CEO's that run both funded and well-known companies
In the last two weeks, TheFunded.com has received over 200 Membership Applications per day on average, and there is a backlog of approximately 300 Applications waiting to processed right now. There are also approximately 700 invitations that have not been claimed by approved Members, which arrive by email.
The goals of TheFunded.com are to (1) dramatically simplify the fundraising process and (2) encourage a greater breadth of companies being financed. Welcome, and enjoy!PRIVATE: Members Only